Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Colorado Rockies, Please Send My Refund To My New Address


MLB = Mephistopholes Lucifer Beelzebub

Who knew?


How the hell I missed this story last June is beyond me. Well, no it isn't. I don't give two shits about baseball (the sport died in '95, as far as I'm concerned). But apparently, the Colorado Rockies are a mighty religious organization, to the extent that they only look to have "born again" Christians on the payroll.

That's all well and good, but as a taxpayer I paid for their stadium, and this tithing to fund their Crusade shall not stand. When the Denver/Colorado politicians realize how unlawful that was, they can send my part of the $161 Million back to me at my current address.


Rest assured, God would not allow this to hapen to a Rockies player. Amen


This is especially ironic given that the team is owned by a brewer of beer. Isn't that a vice? Yes to beer, but no to titties? What the fuck is wrong with these people? Seriously? Do they have qualms about getting to "second base"? Are they discouraged from "stealing bases"? Maybe they should move the team to Utah...

I'm pro-hedonism, pro-sin, pro-fun, pro-inclusiveness, and therefore, pro-Red Sox.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger none said...

They are probably looking to keep their team out of prison, rehab and Jose's house of steroids and beef jerky.

Tax payers paying for this shit?

Homey don't play dat.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Not to be too much of a wise-ass, but AMEN.

5:56 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

The article I read said that they just looked for players of character, not necessarily Xtians. But of course we all know CO is a hotbed of raving looney Xtianity, so you never know.

The thing I am mad about is that they are trying to trademark "Rocktober." Huh? Who DOES that? Do they not listen to the radio? What would classic rock DO without Rocktober?

But I hate the Red Sox. So I guess I just fold my tent and wait til next year.

6:40 PM  
Blogger General Catz said...

I guess Christians have zero vices and never do anything bad. Ever. No snorting coke, no extra-marital affairs, no fraud, no lying. Never ever.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Looks like the lay off just made God mad..

13-1? Ouch
That is some God damnation...

12:18 PM  
Blogger amusing said...

The beer gives them a good excuse the morning after....

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here, this will make you feel better.

Some of your R*ckies tax dollars went to me.

I used to do the layout for their special events and VIP passes, etc. I did some of the All St*rs game stuff (VIP passes, IDs, coupons, charity programs). And I'm certainly a heathen, as you well know.

Go Cubs!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Looks like prayers aren't helping their performance on the field. Maybe they didn't pray hard enough.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home