Friday, August 17, 2007

I Crack Myself Up



So, recently I'd read Wil Wheaton's two part story of meeting William Shatner (part I and part II) on presumably a bad day or something (don't worry, it's a good story, well told, and has a good ending), and then also was listening to Henry Rollins interview MP3 where he told the story of working with Ben Folds, and Adrian Belew on Shatner's new album (which, amazingly, is worth a listen) and that is a complete crack up. Rollins does a pretty good Shatner impression, and the cast of characters is so peculiar that the tale can't help but be told, and Rollins is a damned fine storyteller.



So anyway, I had a Shatner Convergence (I should trademark that) and for whatever reason thought of the Robert Burns poem Tam O'Shanter (and the REALLY scummy hotel in Las Vegas of the same name where I used to stay during Comdex in the late 90's). It was a short jump to "Tam O'Shatner" and that cracked me up. I mean phonetically, "shat" all by itself is funny. Isn't that the past tense of "shit"? "A bear shat in the woods" sounds valid to my ear. I checked the availability of tamoshatner.com, and it was free, so having been too slow to get my all-time-favorite-domain-name, buckchow.com (don't bother- it's just links and bullshit), I grabbed tamoshatner.com and setup Google to use it for a blog and gmail, so effectively it's a free deal (except for the $9 domain registration fee).

I don't know what I'm going to do with it exactly, but it amuses me. I need to set it up to autoplay an MP3 file of Kirk shouting "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" Maybe I can photoshop a Tam O'Shanter hat on Shatner? The possibilities are nearly endless...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. God.

THIS is what makes you lovable.

9:49 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Triffic idea. Hey, how do you "setup Google to use it for a blog and gmail" without paying hosting fees? I'd love to do this.

10:03 AM  
Blogger none said...

Anything said in "shatnerese" is funny as hell. I'm a fan of rollins stand up and story telling.

You see this one? Shatner sings to Lucas

3:04 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Top o' the evening! and Congratz on finding your "vanity" site... ^5!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home