Thursday, July 17, 2008

Voluntary Nigger


Yes, I said it. Where are we with race, exactly? Some people can say nigger and some can't. It's a charged word and we're the ones who made it that way. The more we dance around it the more powerful it becomes, but none of it matters. Discrimination is a reality and it's our shame.

Those of you who know me know that I'm a fairly ordinary sarcastic fat white asshole. I don't like LOADS of people, but I don't like them based on things they can change. I've used the word nigger, and sometimes still do. I don't feel guilty about it, because I don't use it to be hurtful or to diminish others- that is to say, I sometimes say "Nigger, please". If I were to avoid the word like people on television "the 'N-word'- *gasp*" I'd be feeding this bullshit.

The lesson of Lenny Bruce is still valid. Use words as if you control them, because you do. There is only one way to fight hate, and that is with peace, love (if possible), and compassion. Hate is the right hand of fear, and fear comes from ignorance. So with that in mind, I volunteer to stand in for any hate roles you need to work through. I will be your nigger, spick, fag, dago, chink, gook, or whatever I'm missing. I don't want shit from you anymore than anyone else does, but were all on the same team (at least in theory) so I'll take my turn as I'm able.

I'm a cheapskate like any Jew/Scot. I love watermelon and crack like any other black person. I like to molest children like any other gay person. I stole your job like any other Latino. I can't drive like any Asian person. Whatever baseless bullshit you cling to that makes you feel better than other nameless person- that's me. Don't hold back.

Then maybe we can make some actual progress on this dirty little rock before we all go extinct.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stucco said...

Hammer- multiples don't really change the core issue. Gangs are separate from race, and are as much as anything a result of a lack of identity and belief in self. For example- why aren't you in a gang (assuming you aren't)? Probably because it offers you nothing you don't already have.

Meno- I wouldn't say that I am capable of "getting" the word nigger either, but I know how words work, and I won't run and hide. Also- I think you were teasing, but I am aware that it's not the gay folks who molest the kids. Those were all stereotypes that I believe are without merit.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh and ponder life all at once. I hate these words that have become labels for whatever reason people can't accept. I love this "dirty little rock" floating in space but it depresses me we have come nowhere fast in terms of acceptance of all individuals. There is an occasional conversation of embracing each other's differences and then we go back that damn Politically correct BS. So before the Earth gets hit by an asteroid and blows up or melts from global warming...love your neighbor. (I hate mine personally but everyone else please, love yours). :-) Love ya, Miss T

5:11 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Such a double standard,, if it's use is offencive for any non-black to use -it is offencive for ANYONE to use... too much hate now in the world... I for one don't need more words to feel it.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Stucco, I needed this. Thanks. (I just wish I could post it in my college, but there's just no way...)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home