Sunday, June 22, 2008

Like Greenland Is This Green



We're on vacation and here's some of what we've seen so far. The above is some roadside rest stop in Oregon. Yesterday we went from Seattle to Grants Pass, Oregon and met up with Cheesy and Scott from Oregon for margaritas and such. A fine time was had by all. Then today we went a bit further south. We drove down just into California through the Redwood forest:



Then we headed back NW to the Oregon coast and are now in a town I lived in when I was A's age- Brookings. It's a quiet retirement town mostly, but I still love it. 28 years ago, this is where you could find me damn near any summer day:



I think the family is enjoying the R&R. If only the puppies were with us...


Update Note: it appears that there is a tradeoff to be made with Flickr and performance when it comes to embedding in Blogger. If I embed and link to the larger size pics, they really load slowly. If I link to the medium sized pics, the links only show that pic, not the options of sizes. Whatever. Here is the link to Flickr where you can sort this all out for yourself.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

The tallest trees in the world are just outside of Orick in California.

In the fucking world.

But they are a five mile hike or so.

(You'd think, being so tall...)

They live in a valley full of giant trees...

10:38 PM  
Blogger amusing said...

Mem'ries....
Like the corners of my mind....
(Is that how it goes?)

Anyway, "fine time had by all" sounds splendid! Hurray for vacations!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Was a kick in the arse sharing a meal and adult beverages with you and the family! Sorry you missed breakfast the next morning.... Hope Schmoopie gave you my good-bye hug lol..... If your kids mysteriously come up missing you know where to find them!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I love going along on my friends' vacations. I've never yet been to the other coast of our country (your water is on the wrong side, Dude!), so I'm especially enjoying this trip. Keep those pictures coming!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Ok, you've gone and made me cry...

8:58 AM  
Blogger Gordo said...

Redwoods are amazing trees. My parents still have a few massive cones that we collected in Yosemite in the mid-80's on s a family trip. They're a foot long. LOL

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous and missing OR, go on hug a tree for me! ha, tell everyone hi! Miss T

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home