Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Updates And Prattling On...


Okay, here's where we stand on all the significant events these days. The house will be inspected on Thursday and with a little good fortune will not find any significant flaws. If that is true, then we will close on the place Nov. 22 and move outta dodge. We're talking with folks in Poulsbo about a home for rent that'll take the doggies too (although, these dogs are really well mannered and quiet, for couch-pissers). If that pans out, we'll be in Poulsbo for (or just after) Thanksgiving, and that will make it easy to give thanks. I'm officially free of the former employer and that's nice. I had to turn in my old phone and get a new setup for Seattle. If you want my new number, call Sarah. If you don't know her number, email me. I'm only trying to keep it out of the hands of my former employer. I KNOW they are going to be needing to call me, and since they are no longer paying me, I'm not inclined to answer. I'll be heading out Thursday or Friday for Washington, and staying in an extended stay type place (that'd better have broadband included). I need to collect up all the stuff I'm gonna need, and I don't know whether my insurance company has already paid for my CPAP machine, or if that'll have to go back and I'll need to talk to the new insurance outfit about a replacement. That ought to be a fully confusing conversation. So, doctors are informed and prepared, and I have no recommendations for the new place, so if you know a good cardiologist, pediatrician, endocrineologist, general practice doc, and/or dentist in Seattle- spill the beans please. What else? After 2.5 years the bulb in our Samsung DLP HD television went out. I'm not up in arms about the bulb going out, although I am cheesed off that when you spend so much on an idiot box, the local resellers don't have bulbs on hand. I had to go mail order and overnight a bulb just so I didn't miss a weeks worth of football. Priorities, you know?

4 Comments:

Blogger slaghammer said...

Tally ho!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

So I am up again with the pain in my thumb. Who knew a small little infection could hurt so badly? It's startin' to come together, Pepper!

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having paid all that money I would be a tad pissed off with getting a HD tv and the bulb going too, 5 years I would understand but under 30 months and technology moving at the pace it is?! Come on !?! Kinda thing that tips people over the edge with a lower constitution..

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to concur with Slaghammer:
"Tally ho!"

and I've talked to the folks a DF, i started bidding at 30k for your new number with a planned 1/2 of the proceeds going to you (of course).

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home