Sunday, October 29, 2006

"Shit" "What?" "Rollers" "No" "Yeah" "Shit..."


"I bet they've got S.C.M.O.D.S." Well, despite repeated warnings from nearly everyone, I got a speeding ticket. In Oregon. In a "construction zone". Fuck. 73 in a 55 they claim (the ole construction zone speed trap it was). The fine? Not more than $206. Huh? Yeah, they make you call in to haggle your actual fine. Weird. The speed limit is normally 65 in Oregon (and what is that about anyhow? Aren't all the other states like 75 now?). The cop tells me that at 73, he wouldn't have pulled me over and to keep to that or less. Interesting advice from law enforcement, no? End of the month, quotas unmet, he was sitting in a construction zone featuring no workers, machinery or signs of change- just orange barrels and apparently a Speed Limit sign that whizzed by when I was looking at my directions regarding the I-90 exchange. At any rate, I made good time overall- Parker Colorado to Seattle Washington in 15.75 hours (insert Doppler sound effect here).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

last time I was up in Oregon near horseshoe bend the wife was driving cause I was tired and I told her not to speed. Sure enough, I fall asleep and she got a ticket... I think its a scam I tell ya.

Oregon was, funny enough, the first place that I've ever gone that had no tax on stuff, gas stations had full service and I first saw the sign, "chances are if your parents didn't have kids, neither will you!"

glad you are up in Seattle (well, not really glad, but you know what I mean) and safe, plus that $200 speeding ticket :P, always a plus :)

have fun, talk later. oh, and SLOW DOWN!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can negotiate your fine??? So how does a buck and a quarter sound!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh chit my friend~~~ welcome to fluckin Oregon... write a letter and send in with your fine after haggle... they usually send a partial refund. Gadz.. in a const. zone?? Shit that doubles most fines,, be fore warned.. eeks I'm so so sorry our men in blue were not at lunch... chit!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Oregon cops go up these winding roads on hot days leading to swimming holes and sit where yellow lines are sure to be crossed. They call it a famala...

I got a famala. Falure to maintain lane...

8:13 PM  
Blogger slaghammer said...

I got a ticket in a little town somewhere around Dallas Texas last year. I called the number on the ticket and asked if I could take a driving course to reduce the fine, which is pretty much the way things are done in that part of the world. The ticket person said no, but I could pay an extra “fee” and the judge would hold the ticket for 90 days and then make it go away as long as I didn’t get another ticket in that time period. Corruption is such a time saver.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Oh I'm liking Louisiana! Cuff me!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home