Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pining for the Fjords


As I spend the day scraping and painting the outside of the house as a part of the grand plan to sell out and run away to the northwest, I find that I'm consumed with the desire to be mucking about with a boat- or better still to go sailing. I cannot remember the last time I went sailing, and that is eating at me more that I let on. I suppose I could try to trick myself to thinking that ours is a houseboat in drydock. A really inconveniently placed drydock, although one that has a fair view of the distant mountains. At any rate- one more wall and the mamma jamma is ready to be listed I think (well, we may be well served to replace a banister). SO, if tomorrow (Sunday) rolls around and you find yourself in Colorado and in the mood to wield a paintbrush, have I got the goods for you...

Oh yeah- the picture is of an older boat with nice woodwork that I saw in Sausalito's Marina. I'd much rather be scraping and sealing that than my place.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

OK, so I recognize the boat from the Marina in Sausilito...

Is that fallacious, or what?

Now where or where in Colorado have you gone from?

And where in the NW are you heading to?

And if it weren't for the fact that I can't paint (my only sloppy trade) I'd lend a hand.

Still curious why the NW obsession?

Hope you'll bring some cute chicks with you...

And have you noticed the coattail effect just yet?

I'm almost a superstar.

As Donny Osmond falls and I rise, we'll meet up on the boardwalk of fame near the exit...

Don't forget to click on me.

I beg for clicks...

Scott--

6:08 AM  
Blogger Stucco said...

Hi Scott,

From: Suburbs of Denver
To: Probably Seattle, or Portland (dictated by job markets for computer folks like me)

As for the NW "obsession" (make is sound unhealthy, why don't you?), I don't know that I can easily summarize. I lived in Brookings (Oregon, for the rest of you) for a summer many years ago, and despite the home scene being awkward, I felt more at home there than any of the plentiful other places that I've hung my hat. I'm definately a costal type of person, and love to sail.

Denver is better than some places, but it's a flippin desert here and for the past 10 years or so, it's rained less and less year-to-year. I'm fed up with dead stuff all over and I expect before very long, water availability will become a crisis here. Plus, the last time I was above 14K feet, I developed blind spots in my vision that haven't gone away, and I don't know if they were an adverse reaction to a med, or if it was the altitude, but I think my high altitude are over regardless and that's the only perk of being here.

As for bringing hot chicks, well, sorta. I'm married to one (get your own, mister) and the other one is WAY too young for you. :)

Oh, and Donny Osmond has no soul. You shall triumph in any challenge, although I question where is the glory in defeating an Osmond?

Cheers,

S.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Tisty said...

Was it the osmonds who where the smilers?? If so You could keep their teeth as a trophy!!!

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colorado is full of a bunch of idiots from California ... some shmuck sells his $500,000 card board box and then comes to Colorado. In addition, you get those from Cali that not only can't they drive in their own home state, come to Colorado and seem to think that they can drive 90mph on ice and snow.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home