Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Once In A Great While



I have my ipod play randomly throughout the day at work, and I can focus on my work for the most part with the music as a background- except when Seal's debut album comes on. Like whichever Seinfeld character that was that got hypnotized by the Eagles song Witchy Woman, I sort of zone out. And seriously- for a debut album, this thing is insanely good. The musical qualities, and the production qualities are way beyond what anyone would expect from a new artist. It's entirely possible that he peaked right out of the gate, and must (with his supermodel wife) accept his decline into mediocracy.

And why doesn't this happen more often? Deep Forest is the same way- one good release and then crap.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lexcen said...

Inshalla by Eskimo Joe and Vulture Street by Powderfinger (both Australian groups) are excellent. I suggest you check them out.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Crazy" is in my top ten list of songs, ever.

It'll be playing in the car when I'm driving into NYC to meet my agent.

Oh, sorry, hallucinating again.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Seal have the voice of a golden god... that's that

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home