Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Get Bent


As it's Schmoopie's birthday, I bought myself a treat. That's how it's supposed to be, innit? I got a recumbent bicycle from Actionbent, a local (comparatively cheap) seller of 'bent's. Boy howdy are these things:

a.) Spendy
b.) Different from regular bikes in terms of handling
c.) easier on the ass/wrists/neck/back than a regular bike
d.) a workout for different muscle groups than a normal bike
e.) wicked fun

We went down tonight to Alki beach and rode around for fun. The sunset made the water sort of a salmon color, and it smelled good. Heard the seals squawking out on the buoys. Very nice night, don'tcha know?

And my loins are tender...

11 Comments:

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Now THAT is a bicycle seat I could live with...

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

"spendy" or "speedy"?

There's a couple who ride around on their recumbants, and they really get around. Of course, they have dorky little yellow flags flapping off the back so they can be seen by cars (and I STILL worry for their safety), but they don't seem to mind the dork factor. I think, actually, that they kind of rock it.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

f) Works well as a meat tenderizer!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY schmoop! Sending cake thoughts to my fellow Virgo!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Gordo said...

I'm told that bents let you ride for longer periods as well. Very cool.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Stucco said...

Heyya Scottie- my posterior as well- I normally get sore wrists and neck that cause headaches, and a wicked sore butt. Not a bit of it with a 'bent.

Mrs. C- both. And "dork factor"? Unusual, sure- but dorky? You cut me deeply.

Cheesy- I was hoping it'd be more of a meat firmarizer.

Gordo- It's true in my case- I always stopped with the aches, and this gets me past that. Lots of weird looks though.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated, Schmoop! *big hugs and kisses from Down Heah*

So did you get a pair of Birkies with that thing, or an iBook?

3:43 PM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

I think this is all about the next naked bicycle parade...

Think of the upskirts...

And the upbums...

I get it now.

6:46 PM  
Blogger TTQ said...

Hey we must go to the same church 'cause I always get presents on Honey's birthday! Good ones too, like a nice new laptop.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Vulgar Wizard said...

That's the oddest thing I've seen in a long time. Now, if I see a photo of you on it, THAT will be the oddest thing .. .

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Schmoopie's birthday:
http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2008/09/26/oreo-vs-hydrox-vs-newman-os/

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home