Friday, April 25, 2008

Mac Icon Experiment


So I took my first stab at making Mac OS X icons- I needed a set for this USB / Firewire 800 disk enclosure I bought from geeks.com. It's an IOGear Z-GHE835C. Why do I mention this? Google tends to crawl blogs pretty well, and if some other Mac user goes searching for an icon file for his/her enclosure, this link will save them the time and effort.

Also, if you have a "brand x" or offbeat enclosure or other thingy needing an icon, and you have a good picture of it, let me know. If I have time, I could make other device-specific icons.

Oh incidentally, it's an .icns file, and unless you use Candybar, or some other icon tool application, you may need this tool to open it in the way you expect.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger General Catz said...

I have absolutely no idea what this email means. I've never even seen half the words. Geek!

8:45 AM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Hell, it's not an email, it's a post. That's what i get for multi-tasking.

8:45 AM  
Blogger meno said...

Wow, um, yeah, uh. I hope your enclosure works.

Because i totally understood every word of this.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hunh?

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home