Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I Fell Down... Went "Boom!"


For Z's big number 7 we went to the pool, where I made every effort to kill myself. It stared with me trying to enter the pool gracefully. I leaned to the left and intended to put my hand on the tile edging and that was about all I needed to do. My hand slid on the incredibly slippery tile and I fell on my left hip and bent my arm behind me at a bad angle as I then bounced into the water to the amazement of little children nearby. In one swift motion I think I may have dislocated my shoulder, and created such swelling on my hip, that if it were further toward my backside people might think I have an ass. While I have no doubt that the swelling will beget some colorful bruising, it's my shoulder that's killing me most of all. I can't hardly use my left arm today.

But that wasn't my only abandonment of gracefulness yesterday. I also was diving (they have a high dive at the local pool, which is cool and uncommon) on a REALLY springy board and ended up scraping my nose on the concrete bottom of the pool.

Today in summary- Had to get up early for work. Crippled. Red nosed.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

awwh Stucco you poor git! Still Im sure your lovely schmoopie will kiss it better and, hey! its saint valentines day you could actually live out the fantasy of nurse and patient for real!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger none said...

jeez man, that sucks take care of yourself and get better.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Seattle sounds DANGEROUS

3:30 PM  
Blogger That Guy said...

I have no commment :) But, my word verification is HUGUS :) so there. yeah.

5:59 PM  
Blogger slaghammer said...

You have committed a blatant violation of the prime directive. I’m going to guess that you are at least half as old as me, which would put you right about 75. At our ages, those types of injuries are to be avoided at all costs. If you do pull through this one, be aware that you have used up your last hip injury allowance. Let’s recap, hip injuries bad, hip injuries are like lard smeared on the Slip-n-Slide to the great beyond. Not that lard is a bad thing, I do recommend it for all of your culinary, lubricant, and metaphorical needs…

12:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, Stucco! Take care of yourself, you big goob.

I was going to say something witty, but how the hell do you follow a lard-smeared Slip-n-Slide into the Great Beyond? Bravo!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Stucco said...

Schmoopie took a pic of the developing bruise. Anticipate a gross blog entry on her blog

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Golly.

Sorry about your nose and your extra bum. Take heart though, where I come from people who fall over are seen as weak and they are taken to the woods and shot so as not to compromise the whole tribe. I think you're OK ,as far as that goes, in the northwest.

As for the nose I can see stucco pitted against concrete can only come out one way.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Jumpin Jesus Stucco thats one bad mofo of a bruise! Hats off to you for continuing swimming, most people would have been sobbing with that injury!! Hope the pain has subsided considerably you poor poor sod..

4:59 AM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Stucco. Stop it. Knock it off. Desist. Cease. Diminish this to nothingness.

Quit it.


Put it back where it came from.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home