Friday, July 17, 2009

Better Living Through Drugs, Part 1 - Marijuana

So, I was reading this bitter screed from a guy who was IS still a nerd/geek/misfit, and it's difficult to quantify the anger and hurt this guy is carrying around. He was picked on and now wants his kids to be little Jackie Chan types or something. It seems sad to me the whole way around- he can't forgive the assholes in his past, and he's instilling his neuroses into his kids.

I know a thing or two about being abnormal, and I can tell you that there is a cure to the social perils that accompany this role. Get high.



No, I'm not being flip, I have direct experiences here. I had the saving grace of being 6' in the summer between 6th and 7th grade, so regular ass-kickings were less likely for me, but I was as dorky as possible, and may have set records for my horniness hormone imbalances. I was for sure a target for the cool/rich/not dorky types, but I had an ace up my sleeve. I was stoned regularly.

Seriously- you religious types may want to consider that God may have invented Marijuana just for the benefit of adolescents. It's a miserable awful time, and dope is a fantastic remedy. When I was high, people were easier to deal with. I was calmer. I laughed more.

And in my case, I sold dope to the in crowd and I earned goodwill and a little profit. Looking back, I don't have this kind of baggage, and I credit dope. To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson, I'd hate to recommend illegal drugs to anybody, but they worked for me.

Legalize it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Amen brudder man

6:06 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

I wouldn't have got one of my math credits and therefore my honours diploma without the help of the herb and it is helping me now in my old age.

The only reason it's not legal is because it is too easily grown and the drug companies won't be able to control it and make the big bucks.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home