Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Free Binayak Sen


There are a lot of folks behind bars for really dumb reasons (Hello? Wesley Snipes?) but this story is painful and wildly unrecognized by myopic Americans. As we are fond of sending so much work/money to India, perhaps we ought to expect them to adhere to some standards when it comes to human rights and freedoms?

Meet Dr. Binayak Sen. He's been in jail for one year now and today is the formal day of protest for his cause, which you can check out here, here or here.

I know that a country that has the PATRIOT ACT has no moral ground to take when dealing with other nations, but perhaps by diplomatic or economic means we can help. I appreciate that this smacks of "do as I say, and not as I do", but if we wait until we make matters right here, Dr. Sen will have died of old age.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lexcen said...

I thought Amnesty International would take up such a cause.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home