Monday, December 25, 2006

James Brown, R.I.P.


No, THE James Brown. Not that sports announcer formerly of Fox Sports, now on CBS- (I mean, he's okay, but he's stuck in a tough spot. He could never be "James Brown" properly, because the world already had the finest "James Brown" possible in the Godfather of Soul. He also couldn't be "Jim Brown", for reasons football fans will already know.) The REAL James Brown left us last night. To paraphrase HST, James really "stomped the terra". Like me, you may want to Get Up Offa That Thing, Get On The Good Foot, Think, Make It Funky, and Please, Please, Please Say It Loud- Thank you James Brown.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have you every struck your wife, Mr. Brown?"
"Only when she need it, yo' Honor."

The music world lost it's hardest working man, and I don't think that "Rest In Peace" is any sort of an epitath for The Godfather of Soul, so I'll just let myself out the back door quietly.

1:50 PM  
Blogger General Catz said...

Another HST fan, you make me proud!

7:23 PM  
Blogger none said...

He was the best of the best.

I never get tired of listening to him.

I read that he was a comsumate professional and perfectionist regarding his recordings and performances.

Sad news indeed.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home