Thursday, November 30, 2006

More Verbose Updating


So, I'm dealing with a lot of things of a chore type nature and I'm starting to feel a bit behind on all fronts. At home, almost everything is still packed, I have yet to assemble the kids beds (they are sleeping on the air mattress that I was using when I was here alone), and two really big things that we shlepped out here are landfill bound. For those who don't know Schmoopie and I all that well, it was surprising that we needed every inch of that 28 foot moving truck to get moved. We are the sort people that historically and repeatedly would rent a 30'X8'X8' roll off dumpster and purge things. So, having this much crap in the first place is an eye opener. Schmoopie has said that some boxes will remain unpacked until we buy a house, and I'm wondering why we would have things that would fall into that category. On top of all this, I'm hoarking up lung biscuits at a pretty regular pace. I went to work today and was effectively sent home for being so sick and nasty (well, I mean I'm nasty all the time). I could have called in, but being the new guy, I don't want to give the impression that I'm a slacker or hypochondriac. Hell, they may have just sent me home to spare the balance of thier kleenex supply. When mucous hits $.02/ton, I can retire. I exist to make phlegm, you see...


Then there is the matter of my own personal 2001 A Space Odessy monolith. Among the very heaviest things we own is my server rack. It's on caster wheels and is of the six foot variety (versus seven) and so once installed is manageable, but it weighs about 375 pounds. And is in my living room. And is not tested since the move / falling on my right calf. And is the home of my personal domain, insanepursuits.com. So, my prevalent email address is offline until the beast gets moved, and I'm too sick and sore to shlep it. My bet is that I'll have to take everything out of it, and move the rack downstairs empty, then take the guts down an reassemble. Feh. I mean, it's my hobby/career/passion and all, but I'm out of steam in more ways than one.

What else? Oh yeah, we were not told by the Dish network people to take our off-air HD antenna from the old place, so we have very limited Seattle HDTV. I guess I could buy an antenna, but I'm not feeling up to it. Schmoopie left her 12 year old baking stone in the oven at the old place. What do you bet the new owners have no idea the value of that thing and chuck it?
It looks like I'll be going to MA for the second week of December for some EMC SAN training. I'm optimistic I'll be healthy by then. Whew. For now, i'm relaxing and trying to breathe through my nose as much as my circumstances will allow. The Ravens are playing the Bengals in HD, and the cheerleaders are jigly and damp. Life is still good.

Incidentally, is the (NFL) Giants logo
in the same font as the Snickers logo?

17 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Cripes! That's some kinda hobby center lol!
Stay on the mending side of the fence and get healthy.... Can't you contact new owners and request the two items left?? Have a friend pick them up maybe?

7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm on it. The stone, I mean. I'll break into the house if I have to.

Not that YOU'LL get it back... ;-)

And no, the font is not the same. Close, but no Punch. Examine closely the letter S. The Snickers has a distinctive corner while the Giants is rounded. The N in Giants is also even-width armed.

Pants the Dull and Booooring

Ask a pro, get a long, boring answer.

Read my blog, jerk!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

Heh. Pants, you're a great friend! I'll send you money for postage. Either for the stone or for some of the awesome cookies you could bake on it! ;)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Save the phlegm in a clean and sanitized mayo jar with a good lid, then do experiments with it. Who knows what you might grow and discover?

A mayo jar is much smaller than a silly server thingy, and better all around for society.

8:11 PM  
Blogger none said...

I'll have to check out your site.
Hurry up and get that thing humming.

When I canceled dish network they wanted me to climb 35 feet up onto my chimney and send back their antennae. I told them they could bite my shiney metal ass and come get it themselves.

when I first moved into my house the garage was filled with boxes that we didn't unpack for 5 years.

It's amazing what we own and can live without.

10:24 PM  
Blogger slaghammer said...

During my stint in Oregon, I stayed sick until I took a local’s advice and started using sublingual (that’s “sub” not “cunni”) multi-vitamins, heavy on the niacin. I still don’t know what niacin is but I know what happens when you take too much.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Hey Stucco,

I finally got around to stop by and say hello. I saw your comment on Jill's blog and I have to ask...

You moved FROM Colorado TO Washington? Are you DERANGED???

Ian

8:51 AM  
Blogger Stucco said...

Hi Ian,

I mean, uhh... I guess so? How does one answer a question like that- heh? Tell you what, when summer rolls around and your yard and all you survey are lifeless and brown, I'll waltz over the the waterfront and take some pictures of what life looks like.

Cheers,

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*weeping openly*

11:45 AM  
Blogger Stucco said...

Heyya Irr, "righteously hateful"? "Christ up the chimney" you've nailed me! Ha! It's a badge I wear with pride, doncha know?

I dunno that I'd fit in in LA, what with my apparent inability to correctly pronounce "New Orleans" (nor-lans?). I bet I'd favor the walking pace there tho. I have a new theory about the fast walkers here- I think everyone needs to pee, and are all making swift tracks to a pisser.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Ya you nailed it Stucco,,, a constant state of needing to pee.... it's the coffee consumption!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

I am enjoying the excess coffee consumption here by the Sound. Irrelephant: "Nawlins" is indeed beautiful in the winter. I spent Xmas of '84 there and I can still remember the greenery and wonderful, fresh, orange-grove smells in the air. We went swimming in the hotel pool on Xmas day.

8:57 AM  
Blogger That Guy said...

Yeah the greenery is great here in Houston too, I love waking up and seeing green trees and grass. Shit, wait... I had to mow my lawn last week... and the week before, and it was 70 last week too, and I can't open my windows without the whole family suffering from allergies and humidity. should I mention the smell in the air? some nasty dog needs a bath smell...

*** DAMN THIS HOT ASS PLACE! ***

I'll trade for the "dead and brown" any day as you two seemed to have forgotten that Colorado, like other states have dry spells and will be green again.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyya SOF meng. Yer email up yet? Lemme know.
OSF

6:19 PM  
Blogger Schmoopie said...

Hey J. try 3 straight years of barely any rain and dust all over the place. CO is in a real drought. It was a bit better this year, but the last 3 were unbearable. But the mtns. are always beautiful!

7:41 PM  
Blogger none said...

Do you take requests?

Stucco: Still can't wait to hear about your last job.


For some reason your mail server is kicking back comments to my hotmail account. No biggie, just FYI

7:20 PM  
Blogger Vulgar Wizard said...

Stucco would stick out like a sore thumb where Irrelephant and I live; HOWEVER, if Stucco's willing to take a huge pay cut, we're looking for another Irrelephant at the office here. Just a thought. I'd be your boss. *this is where Stucco runs screaming into the ocean*

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home